Except for the hiccup this morning with the snow, sprinkler blowouts actually went quite well yesterday. The ground is still warm enough that most of the snow melted off where we could find the valve boxes fairly easily. Even with the melting snow penetrating the ground, I got higher than expected temperature readings yesterday. One location in Nampa gave me 38 degrees 6″ down, while the other was 42 degrees. Obviously both above freezing. I believe overall this is going to be a warmer winter.
I have about 6 or so to do in Nampa to finish up our route from yesterday, and Jesse will be tackling about 25 blowouts in Kuna. Once I finish Nampa I will join him. With some luck and no serious slowdowns, we may even finish Kuna today. That would be awesome, and would put us back on track where we want to be, or at least close.
Tuesday I will be working the Meridian 83646 while Jesse finishes up the Meridian 83642 and then joins me in the 83646. Hopefully we can finish Meridian in two days and then start our final sweep through the valley. We currently have 12 in the 83709, so will start our sweep there and work our way around the remaining areas where there aren’t more than 2-3 in each zip code waiting to be finished.
I need to point out though that even with the emails sent lately, several texts, etc., we are STILL showing up at properties that have already been done and not cancelled. Not sure why that is happens when we are giving a LOT of chances to cancel so we do not waste our time and have to charge customers when we show up not needed. As I have said before, I really don’t want to have to charge anyone, but unfortunately it is a cost of doing business that can’t be avoided. SEND IN THE CANCELLATION FORM IF SERVICES ARE NO LONGER NEEDED! (please!) It will save us time and aggravation and you $25 or even more if we actually hook up to do the blowout.